Monday, July 10, 2006

Mom on my mind





I love to pass the time fussing over my plants as my Mom used to love to do. One of her favorites was jasmine. It smells so good when it's blooming! I was dying to have an oak tree in my yard. This one has really grown in the past 7 years and here it is about to receive some much needed rainwater. I love pruning it! No other hands have ever dared prune it...heehee. Included here is a pic of my Mom's favorites growing in my backyard...jasmine and a crape myrtle. Also, the tub by the pool is from Gruene, Tx, one of my favorite places to visit, and it is filled with bobine, mexican heather and jasmine. I was just having some fun with a new camera. Enjoy!
Photos on this post ©2006 Sandra Solis, Edinburg, Texas.

4 comments:

Anthony said...

There's something so peaceful, cool, and soothing about this post, especially now seeing it after a hot, stressful L.A. day of emails, contracts, and lawyers. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

Anthony, you are very welcome. It was fun! Although, I was a little nervous about trying a shot at posting a pic. Thank you so much for the comment. I'm glad it brought some peace to your hectic day. Working outside with my plants really adds peacefulness to my life. Thanks again! Bye!

gtedge said...

Hhhhmmmm hmmmmm! Okay, now let's go have a cold one under the shady oak!

Sandra said...

Sounds good to me! Thanks Roger the Dodger! Bye!